Hey guys, on Monday (2nd night of Hanukkah), my work has asked me to stand in front of the company and explain the story of Hanukkah as well as light the menorah. This would take place during lunch hour (12PM). While I know the candles are supposed to be lit at night, is there any way I can light them then? I would hate to turn them down as they are trying to make work more inclusive for Jews. When I recite the blessing can I replace Gd’s name with “HaShem”? Will that help? Thanks!
Halacha for Hanukkah candle lighting?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Darkmode and Sefaria survey don’t mix so well
- Is there a special prayer for Havdalah? (besides the wine blessing)
- Individuals and Small Groups in Jewish Resistance to the Holocaust | Jewish Book World
- A new portrait collection showcases 90 Holocaust survivors who lived long and full lives
- Beyond the Walls of the Synagogue: Prayer as a Virtue – The Lehrhaus