I’ve been wearing my kippa 24/7 for about two months. Doing so has inspired me to begin the aliyah process. But my mother wants me to stay in the Utah/Idaho area. Should I take the kippa off for dinner tonight, or should I keep it on, and why? Should I respect my mother’s wishes to not become an Israeli citizen?
Halacha, ethics, and cultural context around kippa — should I take it off for dinner at my parents’ house? My dad specifically told me I must take off hats in his house.
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Mitzvah for Helping Jews Return to the Faith
- A question for Orthodox & Conservative Jews, does it make you sad to see so many of your fellow Jews are usually very secular?
- Meteor with the force of a nuclear weapon 3600 years ago destroyed ancient city, likely inspired Bible tale of Sodom, study finds
- How do I begin studying Judaism?
- How does anyone determine whether they’re Ashkenazi or Sephardi if they come from a mixed background?