Hi guys! I’ve been a lurker here for a long while now but I’m so excited I need to blurt it out! So I’ve been thinking really hard about conversion, doing research, reading books and online articles for about two years now, and finally the other day I felt. Now. Now is time. So I reached out to a local reform rabbi and she invited me to Shabbat tomorrow night! (Over Zoom but that’s okay.) Then we’re going to set up a time to meet and talk in depth about my journey and where I want to go. I just needed to tell someone. I’m ready to burst into happy tears! Lol
Going to my first Shabbat tomorrow night!
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- After the mass expulsion of Spanish Jews in 1492, many Sephardi exiles escaped to the Islamic world, while others settled in Christian Europe. What kind of contact existed between early modern Sephardi communities on opposite sides of the Mediterranean?
- What is the best talmud to get?
- Current atheist that is thinking about converting to Judaism
- The framework of my Sukkah is made of plastic. Can the Skhach rest directly on the plastic, or must there be something in between, if so what?
- Former US Representative Ted Deutch takes office as the new CEO of the American Jewish Committee