I have my Bet Din in a few weeks (AHH) and the rabbi’s assistant has been my main point of contact for classes, scheduling, etc, etc and has just generally been really helpful over the course of my conversion process. Would it be appropriate to get her a bottle of wine or a gift card after my Bet Din? I plan on donating to the congregation’s fund as well as from what I’ve heard a personal gift to the rabbi is not appropriate. It’s a conservative synagogue.
Gift for Rabbi’s Assistant?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Can ashkenazi man join sephardic community and change his customs?
- Is there a greater way to elevate the soul before Shabbat?
- Is being anti zionist antisemitism?
- Saw this video of Eicha being sung and it inspired to observe Tisha B’ Av in Jerusalem. Does anyone know where exactly this is (I’m guessing Arab quarter of Jerusalem)? Does the singing sound the same at the Kotel (sorry if it’s a dumb question)
- Parshat Chukat Nothing Personal | The Gila Way