So many classes at countless universities, including my own, are starting on Rosh Hashanah. If they really cared about their Jewish students and staff, the would have moved the starting day to Wednesday the 8th. I now am missing my first day of classes so I can attend synagogue. This is out of hand. It doesn’t really feel like my religion and ethnicity is being respected by my university and I deserve an answer to why they didn’t recognize the day class is starting on.
First day of classes are Tuesday the 7th, AKA Rosh Hashanah
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Why does it feel like far left and far right are working together against the one thing they agree one? – Rally organizers, police deny coordinating with far-right extremists ahead of pro-Israel rally
- How bad is situation with antisemitism in the North AmericaEurope actually is?
- Are there still Jewish populations within Muslim majority countries?
- Swastika is found carved into an elevator at the State Department
- Maybe it is time to learn about the questionable authenticity of the zohar