Do you believe that it is fair to say that Judaism shares some similarities with Pre-Christian religions of Europe or the Near East whether it is of the Hellenic, Roman, Baltic, Slavic, Germanic, Frankish, Iberian, Celtic, Norse or Indo-Iranian variety? There has been a lot of cultural anthropology that has been done behind the link of Proto-Indo European beliefs and traditions and it’s relations and ties with Indian Vedic beliefs and that of Persia and Mesopotamia. Would it be fair to say that these belief systems that existed during ancient times before Christianity and Islam had any influence on Judaism or was Judaism evolved independently from such influences?
Do you believe that Judaism shares similarities and some ties with Pre-Christian religions of Europe and the near East like Mesopotamia and Persia?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Why does it feel like far left and far right are working together against the one thing they agree one? – Rally organizers, police deny coordinating with far-right extremists ahead of pro-Israel rally
- How bad is situation with antisemitism in the North AmericaEurope actually is?
- Are there still Jewish populations within Muslim majority countries?
- Swastika is found carved into an elevator at the State Department
- Maybe it is time to learn about the questionable authenticity of the zohar