I received some za’atar spice from a Middle Eastern coworker as a gift. It has Arabic writing all over the package and no kosher certification. Are there kashrut concerns with a spice like this?
Do spices require a hechsher?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- A 15th century copy of Rambam’s Mishneh Torah
- New Maccabeats Hanukkah Song
- Question about a rebuilt temple
- Festival cancels menorah lighting because they " didn’t want to be seen as supporting the killing/bombing of thousands of men, women, and children"
- Orthodox religiously, Conservative politically, Queer woman? (UK?)