These two religions share the Tanakh, yet the more I’ve learned about Judaism the more I’ve learned that it’s completely different from Christianity. Some examples are like there is no Hell in Judaism, Satan isn’t a fallen angel who rebelled against God, humanity isn’t born in sin because Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, Judaism has some characters that Christianity doesn’t have like Metatron. These are just few examples, I’ve heard tons of other ones too.
Despite shared scripture, why is Judaism so different from Christianity?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Traveling to Israel for leisure after October 7
- Other Jews in the diaspora without many Jewish friends despite living in areas with Jews?
- To Jewish music albums and songs of all time?
- if Abraham is the father of all of the jews and that jews are native to israel/judea,what is this? (Genuine question,I’m not the religious type and I’d like to know more)
- Shabbat kids program ideas