I have noticed several posts about wanting to pray alone and not in a minyan. Unfortunately, I have decided not to pray in a minyan mainly because I do not want to pray outside with a mask on. I did go to a neighbor’s Bar Mitzvah and Simchat Torah, but I have mostly been alone. Here is what I am missing out on:
- People who are older than me.
- People who are younger than me.
- Lonely introverts who need a break from their loneliness.
- Conspiracy theorists.
- People who work in completely different professions.
- People smarter than me.
- People less smart than me.
- Other people’s kids.
- Singing with others.
- A surprise Shabbat guest.
- People who can help me.
- People who I can help.
I did not mention all of the spiritual benefits. Add those in the comments. But notice all of the people who on a regular basis I would never meet, that come to Minyanim who I can now meet because of the Minyan. We need this even if it might be uncomfortable.