Hi! I used to nanny for a Jewish family that has moved back to the area I live in and their sons 6th birthday is this week. I was invited to join their dinner for him, and I wanted to know opinions on a gift to bring. First, is their any specific gift for a young jewish boy that I should get? Second, he loves challah, and I love baking, so I thought it might be nice to bring a homemade challah loaf for us all to share? I am not Jewish myself, but as i’ve learned more about it, I really appreciate the religion and way of life. I am wondering if it is appropriate for a non-jewish person to bring a homemade challah to something like this? Thanks for any insight or suggestions. 🤍
Challah for Birthday?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Can ashkenazi man join sephardic community and change his customs?
- Is there a greater way to elevate the soul before Shabbat?
- Is being anti zionist antisemitism?
- Saw this video of Eicha being sung and it inspired to observe Tisha B’ Av in Jerusalem. Does anyone know where exactly this is (I’m guessing Arab quarter of Jerusalem)? Does the singing sound the same at the Kotel (sorry if it’s a dumb question)
- Parshat Chukat Nothing Personal | The Gila Way