I (European) am toying with the idea of moving to Canada and was wondering if anyone of you who is religiously engaged and living in Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto would recommend settling there. I am generally looking for Conservative or Orthodox communities. Regardless the size it is important to me that they are very active and socially engaged with a good mix of all ages. Kosher groceries and restaurants are essencial for me as well. Antisemitism is everywhere, no doubt, but are there areas or one of the mentioned cities especially problematic? Since I am not fully set on the city I would like if you could share your thoughts and insights. Maybe Canadian Jewry is thriving somewhere completely else instead? Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks.
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Can ashkenazi man join sephardic community and change his customs?
- Is there a greater way to elevate the soul before Shabbat?
- Is being anti zionist antisemitism?
- Saw this video of Eicha being sung and it inspired to observe Tisha B’ Av in Jerusalem. Does anyone know where exactly this is (I’m guessing Arab quarter of Jerusalem)? Does the singing sound the same at the Kotel (sorry if it’s a dumb question)
- Parshat Chukat Nothing Personal | The Gila Way