From my mother’s side there is a bit of Ashkenazi blood, and we celebrate Jewish traditions to an extent. I also believe in dybbuks and the Jewish afterlife, in which we are pulled to the other side of the veil that separates the living from the dead. I believe in G-d and His original teachings to be true, but I also believe that we are no longer bound by the rules He put in place for the people of Moses, and would like us to live happy lives where we are kind to each other and examples of His love. Thoughts?
Can anyone be Jewish?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Hypothetical kashrut of a glowing -hot grill
- Four Questions, sung for kids?
- Haredi men three times as likely to be nearsighted, likely due to Talmud study
- The Heresy of Jacob Frank: From Jewish Messianism to Esoteric Myth | New Book
- American Bar Association removes reference to IHRA in antisemitism resolution