My own mother passed 7 months ago and my friend was an incredible source of support. His mother passed a month ago. I am a kohen but helped cover her coffin with 3 scoops of sand. I am experiencing a sense of guilt about this; was I in the wrong in a bad way or does Hashem give us free will for moments like this?
As a kohen, I helped bury my best friend’s mother. Was I in the wrong?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Jewish gravestones vandalized in Belfast cemetery
- Nazi recruitment stickers found at Omaha synagogue
- Jaffa: Arabs clash with Jewish protesters after attack on rabbi
- France convicts delivery man for refusing kosher food orders, will deport him
- Question concerning a possible Jewish leadership tradition/practice