Just realized my girlfriends family pronounces it as “huhgaduh” without any breaks in the word, kind of like the word “banana” which I have never heard before. Whereas everyone in my family pronounces it as “hah-gah-dah”, with three breaks in the word.
American Jews, how do you pronounce Haggadah?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- TIL of Eliahu Itzkovitz, a Romanian Jew who witnessed a guard kill his family in a concentration camp. After the war, he enlisted in the same battalion of the French Foreign Legion as the guard and murdered him while deployed in present-day Vietnam.
- What is the Jewish understanding on the negative things in life ?
- Am I allowed to carry/transfer things on Shabat in a walled city?
- A brief list of Jews to cheer on at the Olympics
- why don’t more mikvot have a separate no appointment keilim mikvah?