Is it wrong halachically that I sometimes talk about my mother behind her back because she was an abusive parent? I’m worried that it might be a violation of kibud ava’aim that I do this but I justify it in my head with my opinion that Hashem intended kibud ava’aim to be a reciprocal relationship. I also worry that this might be lashon Hara because she used to beg me to never tell anybody outside the immediate family when child protective services would interview me about her actions, which clearly indicates that this is something she does not want known to anybody else, but given these circumstances is it wrong from a Jewish perspective? It just feels so cathartic to vent to my friends and online about things that have happened to me, and given that I’m only sixteen and still legally under her guardianship, it also makes me feel safer to let my friends know that this is happening for the reason that I know that I will know have a place to go to if things get really bad again. But I feel really morally conflicted about doing so for these halachic reasons.
Am I violating Lashon Hara and Kibud Ava’aim?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Why does it feel like far left and far right are working together against the one thing they agree one? – Rally organizers, police deny coordinating with far-right extremists ahead of pro-Israel rally
- How bad is situation with antisemitism in the North AmericaEurope actually is?
- Are there still Jewish populations within Muslim majority countries?
- Swastika is found carved into an elevator at the State Department
- Maybe it is time to learn about the questionable authenticity of the zohar