I’m Reform, I’m a semi-regular at my synagogue. But I hate the high holidays, they stress me out. The services are long and just don’t speak to me. My favorite melodies don’t happen. The once-a-year people show up, all dressed up, and it’s suddenly not my house anymore for me and my friends. I need to find something to do with myself on the high holidays. Don’t have family interested in celebrating or marking it much. I just get kind of lost. Any ideas?
Alternate ways to spend the high holidays?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Simchas Torah and its Customs Including an Appendix from: R’ Chaim Zev Malinowitz Zt”l Celebrating Simchas Torah All Year Round
- Why does the Torah not condemn/address pedophilia?
- What did people on the Temple Mount do during the Yom Kippur Avodah?
- My rapist goes to my shul now. Need advice.
- For People Who Identified as Atheist and Became More Observant. How Do You Describe Yourself? Believer? Post-Atheist? God-Fearing Atheist?