this is a hypothetical question posed to me by a non jewish friend and i quite honestly don’t know the answer. FOR raised reform but now becoming more religious. if a woman (let’s say orthodox for this example) has alopecia, once she gets married would she still be obligated to wear a head covering? my understanding is that it is the HAIR that is being covered, not the skin of the head. any comments on this? i know this would warrant asking a personal rabbi but this is purely for my own edification.
alopecia and hair covering
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Traveling to Israel for leisure after October 7
- Other Jews in the diaspora without many Jewish friends despite living in areas with Jews?
- To Jewish music albums and songs of all time?
- if Abraham is the father of all of the jews and that jews are native to israel/judea,what is this? (Genuine question,I’m not the religious type and I’d like to know more)
- Shabbat kids program ideas