Hi! I’m a practicing Sikh but I’ve always been interested in studying world religions and the way they are practiced. One question that I’ve always had (well, two actually) are about Ashkenazi and Sephardic differences. Are there any holidays that one group celebrates but not the other? Are there any specific major religious debates between Ashkenazi and Sephardic rabbis/scholars?
A curious religion nerd
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- After the mass expulsion of Spanish Jews in 1492, many Sephardi exiles escaped to the Islamic world, while others settled in Christian Europe. What kind of contact existed between early modern Sephardi communities on opposite sides of the Mediterranean?
- What is the best talmud to get?
- Current atheist that is thinking about converting to Judaism
- The framework of my Sukkah is made of plastic. Can the Skhach rest directly on the plastic, or must there be something in between, if so what?
- Former US Representative Ted Deutch takes office as the new CEO of the American Jewish Committee